Bottle Cap Necklace Useful Tools1" Hole Punch,
Bottle Cap Necklace SuppliesDistressed Black Bottle Caps, Antique Silver Jump Rings,
Here We Go!
FINISHED...Unless you'd like to add an image to the top of your cap! If so, read on! We'll make the necklace into a two sided bottle cap necklace.
Adding an image to the top of your bottle cap.
Now you're finished!Keep scrolling for some pictures, tips and inspiration!
Bottle Cap Necklace Tips and Tricks:
- After gluing an image to the TOP of the bottle cap lay the bottle cap on a flat surface and press around the edges as the glue dries. Bottle caps are ever so slightly curved near the edges and this will form the epoxy dot to this curve.
- When printing an image to adhere to the TOP of a bottle cap choose lighter weight photo paper with a gloss, semi gloss or matte finish. The thinner paper will give less resistence in adhering to the slight dome towards the edge of the bottle cap.
- Use a split ring instead of a jump ring for making children's jewelry pendants as they allow for more wear and tear.
- Rub a colored alchohol ink on the surface of a distressed black bottle cap to give it a unique look with some dimension. Kind of like those colored acid washed jeans that I used to wear in Junior High!?!
- If you'd like to shorten your ball chain necklace just get some scissors and clip it to the desired length.
Bottle Cap Necklace Inspiration
Another 2 sided necklace plus add a small silver charm!
Use the distressed black cap and Steam Punk 1 images to create a bottle cap necklace with steam punk style.
Bottle Cap nylon choker necklace with glass bead charm.
More charms! Two sided bottle cap necklace with leather necklace and beaded charms.
Cute! Glue a mini image to the top and cover with an epoxy dot. Make an up style pin or embellish your paper craft creations.
Tools & Supplies Quick List:
- Distressed Black Bottle Caps
- Antique Silver Jump Rings*
- Epoxy Dots
- Black Ball Chain
- Bottle Cap Co. Bottle Cap Images or your own 1" image
- E6000 Glue
- 1 Inch Hole Punch
- 1/18" Euro Punch (for punching metal)
Do you have another idea? Share it!Questions, comments ... we love to hear them!
Post a comment below or email us a photo.